Fly Tying
fishinorhuntin

Breast Cancer Awareness Swap

My family, as well as many more, has experienced Breast Cancer. Since October is right around the corner and it is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I would like to do a swap that supports the cause!

In this swap the only rule for the type of fly is IT MUST BE PREDOMINATELY PINK!! Any type fly can be tied.

This swap is open to anyone, regardless of skill level. This would be a great swap for beginner tiers since you can tie any type of fly!

Due date will be October 10th, so I can get the flies to Casting for Recovery before October is over!

I will take as many swappers that want to donate flies.

Follow the rules for swaps posted in the forum: toe tags, return postage if you want your containers back, turn in on time and please label your container.

Once you get them tied, ask for my address and I will PM you.

All flies will be donated to Casting for Recovery.

If you have any questions, post here or PM me.

THIS SWAP IS CLOSED!!!

Swappers:

1. fishinorhuntin - Completed
2. RickZieger - Received
3. vicrider - Received
4. islander727 - Received
5. stabgnid - Received
6. FlatsRoamer - Received
7. Mogup - Received
8. carpflyguy - Received
9. BassBugn - Received
10. Spulve - Received
11. jjs89yj - Received
12. Mike West - Received

13. add147 - Received

14. Dubs - Received

My best wishes for your wife's remission Rick. And yes, I'm in. I'll definitely do anything within my power to have save a breast.

All I have contacted Casting for Recovery to see if they will accept a set of flies as a donation. I will let everyone know what they say.

vicrider...gotcha! "Save the Ta-Ta's" is what I always say!

I just lost a dear Friend to cancer .. any kind of cancer sucks !! with that said I'm in !! it will be a pink fly with a touch of purple for her memory..

Steve-stabgnid

I received a response from Casting for Recovery and I believe once this swap ends, I might donate my set of flies to them. If you do not know anything about this organization, they provide Men and Woman that are currently battling Breast Cancer or survivors an opportunity to go out and fly fish, whether they have ever done it or not. They provide all of the equipment and flies for them from donations. She told me they would LOVE to get fly donations. If you are interested in donating any flies to this worth while organization let me know.

You might contact FishingBobNelson. He has done several of these and if you contact JS Stockard they have supplied fly boxes to sort the flies in. A dozen tiers so I assume you'll do a mixed dozen for each person. Li'l Dave from down under also did this for the Aussies group and I believe he also got boxes from JS. Knowing this for a couple of years is one of the reasons I go to them first to see if they have what I want and they get the orders.

Nick

Sounds good Nick! I will contact them and see if I can get it set up if everyone wants to just donate their flies to this, if you would rather get your set of flies back, that would be fine too. Some people may want to donate them to someone else or just keep them to fish with. I am going to edit the post above to reflect this.

FlatsRoamer Gotcha! I am still trying to get my son to start tying flies and get in this too. I think he is almost there. He is only 15.

I'm confused by that last statement. What do you mean if everyone wants to get their flies back? This is a donation swap and anyone wanting flies back better back out of it. I would like to see some good pictures of everybody's contribution though.