Fly Tying
DFoster

Happy Thanksgiving -Tying season is here!

For those of us in the states Thanksgiving is here. For myself and other fly fishermen in the north, Thanksgiving signals the end of fishing season and the start of tying season. I'm told that tying knots with wet frozen fingers in 6X is possible but that's a skill set that I have yet to master (there's a 20+ inch rainbow swimming out there that can attest to this). And then there's the art casting in the unceasing cold wind - So it's back to the bench, time to fill in the holes in my boxes, learn new patterns and tying techniques. In our family we kick off the holiday as always with a turkey, yes any fool can eat one but fly tyers know that the All Mighty really intended it to be used to make flies.

I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday with family and friends and for those of us driven indoors by the weather enjoy tying season.

Happy Thanksgiving All!

I am most thankful, this year, for having survived a heart attack and quadruple bypass.

As always, I am thankful that I found the love of my life ... and that she agreed to marry me.

I am thankful that Florida is part of the United States, and that I moved here in '92.

And a big thank you to all of you, who make this site a pleasure to come to, each and every day.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. This year is vastly different for me. After losing my Sister back in May, and now having to remove my Niece from my life because of the life choice she's made, my family is much smaller than it was. But I still have my Mom, Nephew and Brother-on-law so I am thankful for them and being able to spend the holidays together with them.

I feel like you've probably got the skills Norm, it looks like a pretty straight forward spun deer hair body with some feathers stuck in it.

Oh yeah! I'm thankful that I don't have anywhere to be this morning ... so I am going fishing.

It's supposed to get to 80 today.

Hmmmmmmmmm ... sorry Northerners!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all !!!

I feel like you've probably got the skills Norm, it looks like a pretty straight forward spun deer hair body with some feathers stuck in it.

give it a go! tie one up :)