Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
polock

chicken feathers

i was over at my in-laws and they have a chicken coop, got lots of assorted feathers from the cages. then i saw this freakin awesome bird that had absolutely beautiful hackle all over it... came really close to "accidently" nocking a board into the hen and having to skin it and freeze it. If my father in law wouldn't kick my ass, that bird would be drying as we speak lol. almost looked like a jungle cock

not sure, but i found out this lady sells full grown roosters around here for like 3 bucks.... sooo i figure whole chicken to put on the smoker drunken style, and some killer hackles.. can there be anything better lol

all u have to do is tell your father in law that the chicken tried to attack u and u hit it over the head with a piece of wood, or somthing like that...lol!!!! i crack my self up!!!lol

Might not be a bad idea to put the found feathers in a big zip loc bag to isolate them. If there is bugs a little shake of the bag after isolating them for a time may divulge critters. If they are mis-shaped you could steam them but otherwise - isolate and tie away.

later

Fred

Reminds me of the time when I was a young whipersnapper that I decided to do a little target practice with my rifle. Tacked a paper target to the side of one of my uncle's farm buildings. It was a chicken coop.

Need I say more??

:gun_bandana: :gun_bandana: :hyst: :hyst: :gunsmilie: :gunsmilie:

LOL!!! I'll bet the farm your backside was a little hot after that one!!!!!!

Sign in to follow this