Fly Tying
Gene L

Fighting Parkinsons

I take a treatment for my COPD once or twice a day. It has the effect on me causing hands to shake so bad for about an hour I cannot think of tying and joke about being afraid to eat with a fork. In about an hour or so my hands settle down again and can't imagine living with that 24/7. My hopes for a new and better treatment in the near future for you and other sufferers.

I am very sorry. I have a friend who is battling with late-stage Parkinson's, and a brother-in-law who succumbed to this terrible disease. I hope the progression slows and we are able to make some real headway in the fight against this scourge. I know it is hard, stay strong. I wish you all the best.

Gene, sorry to read about your condition, obviously keep a positive attitude and enjoy every day. I had heart bypass surgery eleven years ago and I thought my time was up but I keep on ticking even though Im in advancing years.

In the meantime, assuming your right handed, maybe a additional material spring could be of benefit tying with your right hand.

I do have a question about your vise, it looks like a TRV but the one I had the jaws were different, only three hook slots and the thumb wheel was different. Yours looks good though.

All the best,

Barry

ps being British we might use a bit of black humour, but Ill keep it to myself for fear of reprisals. But a positive attitude will help and thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks, all. Barry, I've had three open heart surgeries, first one when I was about 34, last one about 12 years ago. It let me do things I'd never be able to do otherwise. I'm going on 74 years old.

I hope I can still tie that well when I'm 74! Heck, since I'm kinda relearning the skill, I'm not sure I can tie that well now.

Hat's off to you!