Fly Tying
oatka

How I Marked My Tools

This month will be the 8th month that I've held a monthly fly tying party at my house. Twice we went fishing, so this will be the 6th time tying. Since we all share with everyone and sometimes have beginners join us that don't have tools and materials, it can be interesting to find tools at the end of the night.

So, I marked mine today.

Simply wrap thread around the tools and cover it with something. My "something" was Halloween nail polish with sparkles. Hopefully the nail polish will hold. I tried just thread before and it came apart real easily.

post-6177-1192907646_thumb.jpg

I'm going to do exactly the same thing to mine, before I come over...I could use a few more bobbins. :D (just kidding)

That is actually a super clever idea. It's an easy way to identify which tools are yours at the end of the night. :headbang:

I'm going to do exactly the same thing to mine, before I come over...I could use a few more bobbins. :D (just kidding)

That is actually a super clever idea. It's an easy way to identify which tools are yours at the end of the night. :headbang:

When will you be over and how many tiers will be with you? I want to make sure I get a big enough table! B)

Oatka

can't resist ....suprised no one else has yet..........BUT does the color match your eyes or maybe your waders and vest :j_k: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

mnorton, no, the color does not match anything else I have (well, except for some egg flies), but the orange thread, with sparkle nail polish might be just girly enough to keep the guys from walking off with them.

If you are really worried, use pink! ;)

The kids tied for a few hours today with these tools, and the markings seem to be holding up. you know if they pass the kid test, then they should be fine!

Oatka

can't resist ....suprised no one else has yet..........BUT does the color match your eyes or maybe your waders and vest :j_k: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: