Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

RBF: 9wt 10wt Fly Rod

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 RBF Staff

RBF Staff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

When I was twelve years old I had fiberglass fly rod that I would rig with a porcupine quill float light spit shot and hook and use golden shiners as bait. Well now I'm 67yrs old and have built many spinning and casting rods and have no clue what to use for guides on a
9wt rod for that application listed above I might even use a 10wt and use suckers for bait. I also would cast with artificial frogs and some floating baits. I'm OK with the handle part and reel and line but am confused on guides. Help please and thanks ahead of time. This will be my first fly rod build.
Bill

Reply to topic here http://www.rodbuildi...showtopic=32355