Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
McFlyLures

Forum

I am not a beginner fly tier, just a newbie to the forum. I was trying to upload a few pictures, but it keeps saying "files are not allowed" They are jpgs and only 150kb. Is there a trick to this that I am missing?

Not sure how you're doing it. When you create a post click on the "More Reply Options" button (lower right). That will send you to a new form, at the bottom of which you can select photos from your computer files to attach. The picture files need to be actually in your computer to do it this way.

There are some other ways that some folks use, but I don't know how to do them.

It's fairly easy. Choose "More Reply Options" Click on "Choose File" Select the file you want to attach. Click on "Open" The file name should appear next to the "Choose File" box. Click on "Attach This File" It should appear below the reply box. Click on "Add to Post" Just make sure your cursor is where you want the picture.

I like it because I can add a picture right from my computer. I don't have to create a "gallery" or store my pictures on another site.

It's fairly easy. Choose "More Reply Options" Click on "Choose File" Select the file you want to attach. Click on "Open" The file name should appear next to the "Choose File" box. Click on "Attach This File" It should appear below the reply box. Click on "Add to Post" Just make sure your cursor is where you want the picture.

I like it because I can add a picture right from my computer. I don't have to create a "gallery" or store my pictures on another site.

Yeah, thats what I did... It said my file is not acceptable or something like that. But like I said, its a jpg...

Not sure about here but at some forums/ sites etc.new users have to wait a certain period of time to gain the advantages of added features ( usually a day or two) then they can post. It's a measure I suppose to make sure it's not just spam coming in. Like I said , not sure that is the case here.

Not sure about here but at some forums/ sites etc.new users have to wait a certain period of time to gain the advantages of added features ( usually a day or two) then they can post. It's a measure I suppose to make sure it's not just spam coming in. Like I said , not sure that is the case here.

Yeah I think your right that must be the case here.

Mc... I think it's more likely to require a certain number of posts than a certain amount of time. I know I was listed as a bait-fisherman (beginner) until I had posted 40 times. Keep talking to us and use up your quota.

Mc... I think it's more likely to require a certain number of posts than a certain amount of time. I know I was listed as a bait-fisherman (beginner) until I had posted 40 times. Keep talking to us and use up your quota.

You might be right. Ok I will wait till I am free from the beginner bondages! HAHA

To upload images, your best bet (for any site, not just this one) is to use a free image hosting service and hotlink.

I prefer Imgur, but there are many others. You just go to their site, choose to upload, pick the file from your computer, and you're good to go.

Once the image is uploaded, get its URL and paste it in your post, with appropriate tagging.