Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
fishinguy

Posting photos with Android phone on Mobile site.

Please forgive me if this has been gone over before. Couldn't find an answer to my specific problem using a search on here. Anyone using an Android phone to post pics on here using the mobile site? Used to be a piece of cake with photo bucket. I've tried imgur, flikr, Google photos. Can't seem to figure out an easy way to post a pic on here with a mobile device anymore. Suggestions? Helpful links?

Not with photobucket, unless you want to pay $400 a year. Postimag.org will let you. I've posted once on another board from my camera. When you take the picture, you'll get a "share" option. What I did was shared the image to my email and then copied it from my email to Postimage. Some emails won't work, but gmail does.

Being computer illeterate, I'm sure there are far better ways of doing this.

On my android phone and tablet, I just use "desktop" view. Then just add pics as attachments in the, "more reply options". I never cared for the "mobile" view.

On my android phone and tablet, I just use "desktop" view. Then just add pics as attachments in the, "more reply options". I never cared for the "mobile" view.

I get "too big to upload" error doing that. Finding a good photo resizer, then Guessing what size to make it just makes the whole process a bit of a hassle.

I use an android. Send the photos to yourself in a text message. Your phone will compress them if they are too large. Then save your photos. They will be in your download folder. Post them using the more options discussed above. I then delete them out of downloads

I get "too big to upload" error doing that. Finding a good photo resizer, then Guessing what size to make it just makes the whole process a bit of a hassle.
Gotcha. I generally just crop a photo slightly, and the size will drastically reduce. Looks as if you have figured it out though.

I usually take my photos a little further away then I want then use Photoshop express (free ap) to crop them then it will post.

Tried it. I think I have to use the full version and not the mobile view to add photos from there. I don't see a create link option in Photoshop express.