Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
JohnP

Lazarus threads

I don't suppose it really matters, and maybe there is no cure for it, but I was wondering why sometimes really old threads will suddenly come back to life? Sometimes when you click on the supposedly new post on a long-dead topic, it is not actually a new post. Other times, somebody has resurrected the thread with a new comment. As I said, I am just curious. unsure.png

If someones used the search function they might find a thread that already answered their Q and then they add a reply. I must say I prefer this to new topics being created of the same Q over and over, What vice, what thread, what fly being prime examples. Surely its better to keep all the historical info there and just build that thread?

Bumping the Polls up to the top is my top issue.

Sure, I get it when somebody actually posts a new response. It's the threads that don't have new posts, but suddenly resurface, that had me wondering. As I said, not a big deal.

A lot of them I notice are polls. Look at the first page and there is normally a poll there to tick. Someone will have ticked the circle but not left any reply in the actual threads. This keeps bumping it up.