Fly Tying

A lot of different ways to tie this one. Here's my favorite on a scud hook with thread hotspot

Lightning Bug

Hook: 12-18 Scud or Nymph

Rib: Silver Wire

Tail & Legs: Pheasant Tail

Thorax: Peacock Ice Dub

Flashback: Pearl Tinsel

Thread & Hotspot: 8/0 Fire Orange

http://youtu.be/0A-h-c77-aI

post-49121-0-60183700-1390876504_thumb.jpg

Hey Hammer,another great vid as usual.Ive been meanin to get around to tellin you how much I appreciate the time and effort you put into these.I have watched pretty much all of them and just wanted to say thanks.I look forward to seein every one.

Hey Hammer,another great vid as usual.Ive been meanin to get around to tellin you how much I appreciate the time and effort you put into these.I have watched pretty much all of them and just wanted to say thanks.I look forward to seein every one.

Really appreciate the feedback, thank you. I'm glad they are helpful I certainly enjoy making them. The pace has dropped a bit trying to get some other content up on the site, but I'll continue putting them as I can. Again thanks for taking the time to drop me a line!

I also really appreciate the innovative techniques that you apply to even traditional patterns. It seems simple when one observes it but a lot of this stuff has never appeared before. On a par with the great Scott Sanchez.

I just checked out your video, and immediately subscribed to your youtube page! You do a great job of explaining each step, and why you do it the way you do. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your ties in the future!

I also really appreciate the innovative techniques that you apply to even traditional patterns. It seems simple when one observes it but a lot of this stuff has never appeared before. On a par with the great Scott Sanchez.

I just checked out your video, and immediately subscribed to your youtube page! You do a great job of explaining each step, and why you do it the way you do. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your ties in the future!

Really appreciate all the feedback! I'll continue to put videos out there as long as there is an appetite. Thanks again, it means a lot to get these types of comments. My best

Hammer-

Thanks for a great video on the Lightning Bug. I can tell you that this fly is awesome. Every time, I go into the fly shop in Ennis, MT, on the way to fish the Madison River, they are sold out, and can't keep it in stock. That tells me that this fly will slay trout right & left.

I'll use your video to tie some for my fishing buddy and myself. Thanks for posting this.

Bill

Hammer-

Thanks for a great video on the Lightning Bug. I can tell you that this fly is awesome. Every time, I go into the fly shop in Ennis, MT, on the way to fish the Madison River, they are sold out, and can't keep it in stock. That tells me that this fly will slay trout right & left.

I'll use your video to tie some for my fishing buddy and myself. Thanks for posting this.

Bill

Good video ….tried a few to try,…. looks like they will catch some fish.

Thanks for checking it out! I like this especially in off colored water conditions. Hope they work well for you!