Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
McFlyLures

Eleven Mile Canyon and Dream Stream!

Im back after a much needed vacation. Of course I didnt stop fishing, just stopped editing (which can take up to 30 hours per video). And I was able to go to some really great places during my time off.

So mid July I took a trip out to the Colorado Springs area, and met up with a fellow youtube channel called "Fresh-Salt Fishing"! We fished eleven mile canyon, and the dream stream. While the fishing wasnt as epic as I thought it would be, it still was awesome! Colin was able to net quite a few fish at eleven mile, and I got a really nice one at the dream stream!
Really I dont want to make excuses, but not sleeping for 36 hours before fishing the first day really took its tole, and thats why I suspect I didnt get many fish. I did have quite a few strikes, just I was way too slow with setting the hook. Everything was slow, it felt like I was in a dream the first day! HAHA

Sorry guys, I realized I posted this in the wrong section. Anyway of moving this? Or deleting it so I can post it where it should go?

Shoulda PM'd me. I know both those sections like the back of my hands. Here's a couple of19" Dream Stream browns. One with the hopper it took last Wednesday (25July2018).

post-61480-0-49922700-1532976917_thumb.jpg

post-61480-0-51522600-1532977132_thumb.jpg

Good vid. Wish I was there cause I would fill limits. On NE my flies bags more than 50% over traditional flies. Great vid and nice promo for discounts.

Good vid. Wish I was there cause I would fill limits. On NE my flies bags more than 50% over traditional flies. Great vid and nice promo for discounts.

It wasnt the flies my friend... lol.

Shoulda PM'd me. I know both those sections like the back of my hands. Here's a couple of19" Dream Stream browns. One with the hopper it took last Wednesday (25July2018).

Yeah, tough with all my subscribers and people on here to keep track of who lives where. Haha. I do wish I had someone familiar with the area with me. Since this video came out, Ive had about 40+ people offer to take me next time I am out that way. I feel blessed that there are so many kind people watching my videos.

In my Honest Opinion ....

Forget the long hours on your feet, your bad casting form (mistakes), your fishing buddy dialed in ....

HEY BUDDY .... You were there...

Most of us will never make it out there...

Thank you for posting the Youtube vid...

dream stream? somebody caught a 24" trout and renamed the river? whooppee!

use to be called the south platte river when i fished there years ago

dream stream? somebody caught a 24" trout and renamed the river? whooppee!

use to be called the south platte river when i fished there years ago

It's in the Charlie Meyers SWA. Charlie was the outdoor editor for the Denver Post. I think it might have been Charlie who gave that section of the South Platte it's nickname. I've seen bigger than 24"ers come out of there. Did you fish there before or after Spinney Mountain Res. was complete?