Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

10' 3wt Xi 4pc euro rod

06J4Lm.jpg
LOalUt.jpg
IJ76T0.jpg
zce8gi.jpg

First of many 10' 3wts I have to build over the next 2 weeks. This one has grey wraps that give it a nice classy look on the green blank. Burl rosewood seat and burl cork grip/butt as well.

They certainly are the latest trend lately that's for sure. Since I started business about 18 yrs ago I have built around 1400-1500 rods total, but in the past 2 years I'd say probably 200 of the last 300 have been these. Then again some of that is by choice. When I saw the Euro rod market exploding a couple years ago I actively sought out a new supplier where I could get the same blanks some of the other places selling completed rods for $300 were using. So bringing them in directly I was able to offer them at about half the cost other places were selling them for. So once word got out this portion of the business (euro rods) pretty much just sells itself now.

For some reason it isn’t showing me I have a PM not sure why. I have to go into messages to find out if I have one.

I think you might have somehow mis clicked the button because I see it says "no notifications" by your name in that PM. If you go to the PM we have between each other and look in the top left under your & my name where it says "participants" you'll see right under our names it says "toggle notifications". If you click that then the "no notifications" that is next to your name should disappear.