Fly Tying
flytyinfreak

October caddis nymph pictures

I have been scouring the web for the last 2 days trying to find a good pic of a real live october caddis larvae during the pupal stage before they rebuild their cas for the final transformation. Doe sanybody have anything like that or know where to find one? i am dumbfounded!

Was at the river yesterday and my son was opening cases. I had some vials and saved some great samples of pupating OC with antennae, wings....the works. Won't be long. We have an outstanding local hatch.

Was at the river yesterday and my son was opening cases. I had some vials and saved some great samples of pupating OC with antennae, wings....the works. Won't be long. We have an outstanding local hatch.

You rock old hat!!! can't wait! Can you please focus on a good shot showing the wingpads and the proportion to the rest of the body?

You rock old hat!!! can't wait! Can you please focus on a good shot showing the wingpads and the proportion to the rest of the body?

I will try to get a shot tonight of it.

Sorry for the delay. Here is what I have..don't know if this is what your looking for. This is a shot of an October caddis before beginning to pupate and somewhere in the pupal stage but not having left the case yet. Size and appendage color are big differences here as well as obvious antennae. I have a later pupating sample but the speciman was not as good. main differences were more developed eyes of a red color and more distinguishable black along the sides of the body.

post-13329-1252698738_thumb.jpg

THanks for the pics Mr. Hat. Really nice! I'd like to get shots once a day for the next 2 weeks but It would cost me mucho gas and probably my marriage. For some reason the wife just wouldn't buy me goin up to for a 2 week stint to capture and photo bugs!