Fly Tying
FeatherandFly

Demo/ Test Flies

I am needing 6-10 people to test a bass streamer for me. I have 4 kids 5 and under so my fly rod is not going to see the light of day for a while. I will tie 2 colors a fire tiger and a shad color, they will be tied on a #1 B10s hook unless another size is requested. I am including a picture of them below. Thanks, guys these have caught some fish for me, but I am looking for feedback good, bad, or indifferent. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Lee Blanton

post-62952-0-73320800-1523466075_thumb.jpgpost-62952-0-72593300-1523466096_thumb.jpg

I'd go for it, except I can't even convince myself to fish my OWN bass sized flies for more than a few minutes. Being sure to put yours through the paces ... I don't think I'd do you justice.

Might be a few bass anglers on here that will take you up ... but since most of these guys tie their own ... ?

Good luck. I hope you get some "beta testers" going for it.

Not sure I understand what you are looking for. Those flies will catch fish, the white may work better than the green. They will catch more fish if you fish them more. About anything in that size and shape will catch bass if fished where bass are. I think.

Like he said, I wouldn't use them enough to tell a lot more than I can by looking the picture.

Is there some innovation that I'm missing?

Is it a new material you are trying?

Local fishing club near you? or an access where you can spend a few minutes at time making new friends by passing out samples and your numbers?

The Wing is Alpaca fibre, i haven't used it much, durability and movement I have no doubt it will catch fish, there is a local club here but I don't trust many of them to give me quality feedback. They just want free flies.

Guys, help a brother out and test some flies for him!! Even if you enjoy tying as much as I do, I always enjoy trying new patterns especially if someone is asking me to

I'll happy to throw some of those. We have a decent largemouth population, but I know that the firetiger scheme will crush peacock bass (I'm in Miami).

Flats

The Wing is Alpaca fibre, i haven't used it much, durability and movement I have no doubt it will catch fish, there is a local club here but I don't trust many of them to give me quality feedback. They just want free flies.

Gotcha, the little fishing I get into these days is either jigs or smaller panfish stuff. A test for durability from me might take several years... My prediction though is the alpaca will be good-great in both areas. Sure looks nice.

I am assuming, Lee, that the people agreeing to test some flies for you have PM'd you their address to send them to.

For anyone interested in beta testing ... PM FeatherandFly, so he'll know where to send.

I have so many flies of my own and from swaps I really would never get those in the water enough to give a good evaluation against anything else. I will say, fire tiger has always been a good bass color and white is going to work well in shad lakes. Other than that I really don't know how you make a true evaluation. Good luck though and darn nice looking flies.

I'd be happy to try them out and let you know what I think. Pm on the way.