Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
ditz2

Missing in Action?

Has anyone had any communication with Peterjay? I have tried to contact him to no avail? I miss the ole perv........

Did peterjay not run foul of the moderator a time back? Or was that another P? The salt thread has gone quiet generally. I think folk are too scared these days to fart in company incase they fall foul of some secret police.

Last I heard of PJ he was playing online poker or something like that. Panama Red had some a surgery he was recovering from a while back so hopefully he is OK as well. It has been awfully quiet around here lately.

"The den of depravity" appears to be no more. That's too bad. Hope the above folks are doing well.

Haven't been doing any SW fishing lately myself, but I'll be down in PJs neck of the woods looking for those mythical silver giants in a couple of weeks sans the 2015 installment of the rookie tarpon competition. Maybe I'll actually catch one...

Good luck with the tarpon......I had not heard any problem with the moderators and PJ. If there was there could well have been several of us booted. I even tried his personal email but go no response there either. I sure hope all is well.....I also have missed P Red. I am sure he was having some health issues but the last time I heard I thought he was getting better.

I get email newsletters from PJ's wife, Carrie about her art work, (The Accidental Artist) and nothings been mentioned about any issues with Peter.

I'll assume he's just spending time with her in her travels to art shows.

I too hope all is well with them both & the other missing members.

Thanks Ditz2, I'll need it. I have had only one hookup in 6 years of trying with the fly rod! I do want to try out a new worm fly. Nothing fancy but something they might be able to see in the murky water. Regardless, that first whiff of the salt marsh never gets old.

post-50086-0-92833900-1433944657_thumb.jpg

That snake fly looks good to me. ( what do I know? ) I have never thrown a fly at a tarpon and if I ever get the chance my knees will be shaking bad. ...... We do expect a full report.

I'm not among the "missing" but this time of year I'm doing lots of -other things. Those include building/repairing rods, tearing down and going over reels (lots of them....), and filling lure orders (mostly). I'm finally back out on the water tonight with my first summer night trip -but I won't have fly anglers aboard.... Here's a pic or two showing that I'm not just sitting with my feet up reading a book (although as I get older....). Next week I have at least three nights with the fly.....

The first pic is an order of 100 for one angler... the second is a typical repair order -since everyone fishes year 'round here we all use up our gear continuously.....

post-30940-0-40927300-1434022286_thumb.jpg

post-30940-0-74219500-1434022368_thumb.jpg