Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

-SELLER FEEDBACK-

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Flat Rock native

Flat Rock native

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:28 AM

I just ordered my 7 th rod or blank from Steel.... when friends try one, they say: "I want one".... Collecting enough that each son-in-law, and granchild will have their own.
Kenduardo's Lure & Fly

Buffalo, Wyoming

Happily living in "Longmire's" county

😎

#17 mybadhabit

mybadhabit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:24 PM

I have had great experiences with Steve's rods also, the 2 I have purchased are just what I ordered.  One was a gift and the other is my stream rod and I love it.

#18 zip

zip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:12 PM

This review is for Vicente:
I was looking for a custom knife,but didn't want to take out a loan for one.Got a hold of Vicente through reccomendation of another member.Told him what I wanted,came up with a price and he went to work!He kept me updated just about every step of the way and threw in pinning material for free.The blade is gorgeous and well balanced with everything I was looking for.
If you need a custom blade-ask him!
"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."
John Gierach
----------
Sgt.Steve Bell USMC/Ret
Once a Marine,Always a Marine-Semper Fidelis

#19 zip

zip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:20 PM

Just got my 3rd rod from Steeldrifter!Never disappointed and the price is always right!Thanks buddy!
"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."
John Gierach
----------
Sgt.Steve Bell USMC/Ret
Once a Marine,Always a Marine-Semper Fidelis

#20 fshng2

fshng2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:12 PM

This review is for Catalpa_Joe:

I received 7 boxes/bags of hooks today, shipped lightning quick, and in excellent condition.

This is a good deal for anyone needing hooks.

Thanks Joe

Attached is a hook chart I use that is helpful when comparing hook features.

http://www.buckeyefl...ef/hookmust.htm

fshng2 (Harry)

#21 dflanagan

dflanagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:56 AM

Just got a couple boxes of hooks from Catalpa_Joe. Fast shipping and lots of hooks for the money. Thanks, Joe.
Tight lines,
David