Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Selling Flies, lures, and jigs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TIER

TIER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 11:44 AM

I would like to sell some stuff. I can't take pictures of all the stuff I sell because there is a lot of things that are for sale. If you are interested in an item, then tell me, and I will send a picture and the cost of the item you want.

Flies:

Wooly bugger, pheasant tail nymph, bucktail streamer, flash fly (out of stock), bug ( Adams without dubbing), caribou hair caddis, neversink caddis, ant

Jigs

Salt slayer II Marabou FX, FX Classic Jig,  FX's UV Lite jig, Wooly Bugger Jig, Clown Jig (only 1 in stock), marabou jig

Lures

None in stock

#2 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,364 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 05:14 AM

i'm sure a lot of people are not going to buy things sight unseen so instead of telling us you have way too much stuff to sell, show us a couple of the flies you tie before someone makes an order

start with the wooly buggers and pheasant tail nymphs you mention

The fish care less than we do!

#3 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,745 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 06:42 AM

I can't take pictures of all the stuff I sell because there is a lot of things that are for sale.

I cannot tell you how much I hope you are successful in your money making endeavors.

But you keep coming up with poor business models.

On another thread: You are going to an area ... and asked people from this site what you should tie and make to sell there.  I think one or two of the members here are from there, so how would we know what to tie?

Now you're wanting to sell flies ... to a fly tying community ... without pictures.  You excuse for not taking pictures is what?  Because it'll be too hard?  There are too many, so it's too much work to take all those pictures?

You can't make money if you're not willing to put some work into it.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#4 TIER

TIER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 12:51 PM

Okay, I'm working on it.