Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
kmhaley1

Hello from the SF Bay Area

Hi, everyone.

I've been lurking for far too long on the site and just recently became a member. I have been fishing since a young age even doing the competitive bass tournament scene for a while. That got too hectic and I focused mainly on trout and steelhead on the fly in the Upstate and Central NY regions. I moved out to the West Coast for work and find myself not fishing as often because the traffic is soooo bad. So to get my fix in I I spend more time at the vise, tying primarily trout patterns but some carp and striper as well. Really enjoy tying the competition style nymphs lately. Looking forward to continuing my education as I go farther down the rabbit hole of fly tying.

If anyone is in the Bay Area, I'm always looking for new people to fish and new places to try if you have suggestions.

-Kevin

Welcome Kevin, hope you find a fishing hole on the left coast, tying is a great escape when you can't fish.

Chris

Welcome to the site, KM. I work, for a couple of weeks a year, South of Stockton. Plenty of small bass and trout waters over there.

Good luck finding tying and fishing partners.