Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Troutbum Swap

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#31 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 06:43 PM

First two sets arrived today.  Norm and Noah's nymph patterns look great.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#32 Noahguide

Noahguide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 08:13 PM

Glad they got there. Thanks for hosting.

#33 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 08:12 PM

Mr. Derington's beautiful Black Ghosts arrived today.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

Fishing Bob

#34 atxdiscgolfer

atxdiscgolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:22 PM

Ive got a dozen Hurricane Midge emergers ready to hit the post tomorrow; gonna try and get them out before Hurricane Barry hits

#35 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:09 AM

Maybe we can call them Hurricane Barry Midges...

Fishing Bob

#36 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 07:00 PM

Nice box of Hurricane Midges from atxdiscgolfer arrived today.  

Fishing Bob

#37 atxdiscgolfer

atxdiscgolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 12:38 PM

Good to hear, I gotta start sending out flies everytime there is a Hurricane around here; we didnt even get a drop of rain. 😀

#38 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 01:59 AM

Got Vincente's woolly buggers, over a lunch of bbq brisket, ribs and pulled pork with jburge, at his friends new restaurant in Sacramento. 

Fishing Bob

#39 breambuster

breambuster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 10:05 PM

Ive got a set of flies ready to go in the mail and I will do my best to get them in the mail tomorrow. The problem is that is a pattern I learned from watching a YouTube video and now I cant find the video. I did a search for something like Fly Patterns Using India Hen and this video popped up. But it doesnt pop up now. It is an old pattern and it was something like Great Northern Wet Fly. It had something to do with North??? Does that ring a bell for anyone? It used some Golden Olive yarn instead of thread. You tie in the India Hen Hackle first, then wax the yarn and use that the make the yarn tacky so the dubbing sticks to it. Spinning the bobbing spins the yarn on the yarn makes a really neat dubbed body. Anyway, whatever it is, I learned some new techniques and I really hope the fly will fish.

Ok. Im editing this post to say that I did find it. It is a North Country Wet Fly, or at least my version of it. I hope it works for you

BB
Remember the 3 "R"s. Respect for self, Respect for others, and Responsibility for all your actions.

#40 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:35 AM

Interesting that so far there are no dry flies in this swap.

Fishing Bob

#41 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,303 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:47 AM

5 more days to the deadline. hope theyre all in the mail

The fish care less than we do!

#42 breambuster

breambuster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 11:42 AM

Can anyone PM me Fishingbobnelson's mailing address?

Thanks

BB

Remember the 3 "R"s. Respect for self, Respect for others, and Responsibility for all your actions.

#43 fshng2

fshng2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 11:48 AM

Shipped today: No Hackle BWO & Emerging Caddis 
Antron added to both for sparkle.

pVStx07.jpg

#44 fshng2

fshng2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 11:49 AM

Can anyone PM me Fishingbobnelson's mailing address?

Thanks

BB

Page 2 4th post.

#45 breambuster

breambuster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 11:58 AM

Thanks Much, fshng2!

BB