Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Muti device remotes

Figure some of you guys here most likely have some universal type remotes. Looking to get one for the theater room so that it will control the cable set top box, surround sound system and blue ray player, don't like having to use 3 remotes just to watch a movie. So far it looks like prices are all over the place from $10 to $300. Right now I am looking at the Logitec Harmony 665 because it is on sale at Best Buy for $44. Anyone here have ones you care to comment about? Not totally sold on the Logitec one so still looking at reviews and such for others.

Everything we have is plugged into, and controlled through the DVR cable box. So, our cable TV remote IS our universal controller.

Good luck with your search.

yup harmony remote by logitec

or

cant you program your cable box remote to turn everything on and off? directv remote did

top rated home theater remote controls

https://www.google.com/search?q=top+rated+remote+control+home+theater&oq=top+rated+remote+control+home&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j33l5.26274j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I'll look into it but I don't think I can program my cable remote to control the things I want it to. I'll look into it though and see, would be nice if it did that's for sure.

Had to bump this post. Because I had put the Logitech Harmony 665 remote on my "Christmas list" and I just got it set up today. Man I am loving this thing! Perfect for the theater room. I was having to use three different remotes before to watch movies (one for cable, one for surround sound, and one for blu ray player) now to watch a movie I not only use this one remote, but it has custom set up buttons so I actually only have to push one button. Pushing the "movie" button now turns on the TV, Surround sound, and blue ray player all at once. Really happy with this remote :)

Back in the day our verizon fios remotes did multiple things but the company found we were spending hours programming remotes and did away with them.