Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Casting For Recovery Fly Boxes

Tie a donation

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:21 PM

Flygirl's flies arrived today. Thanks for your continued support.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#62 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 04:32 PM

Rockworm's flies arrived today.  I will get them boxed and photographed the next couple of days and ship them off to CFR.  As always when I receive the tax letter from CFR I will post a copy on this page.  My continued thanks to all the tiers who have supported this project the last 5 years.  I hope to see many of you again next year.  Tight Lines and Heavy Nets to all. 

Bob

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

Fishing Bob

#63 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:24 PM

Here are the photos of the flies for CFR.  They are boxed and will go in the mail tomorrow morning.  Once again thank you to all who have donated.  Picture six is all the extras that were sent along with the set for the fly box.  I am sure that they will find a good use for them.  I will post a copy of their donation letter as soon as I receive it.

Tight Lines to Everyone,

Fishing Bob

Attached Thumbnails

• CFR 2014 -1.JPG
  • CFR 2014 -2.JPG
  • CFR 2014 -3.JPG
  • CFR 2014 -4.JPG
  • CFR 2014 -5.JPG
  • CFR 2014 -6.JPG

Fishing Bob

#64 hairwing

hairwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:02 PM

Good job Fishing Bob.

I spot a great bunch of flies in those boxes.

Glad to be a part of CFR.

hw

"As far down the river as he could see, the trout where rising, making circles all down the surface of the water, as though it were starting to rain."-E.H. Big Two Hearted River
"As far as the eye could see,several hundred yards at least, the entire surface of the water was a mass of dimpling rise forms, occurring and recurring with increasing tempo as the evening advanced." V. Marinaro...A Modern Dry Fly Code.

#65 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:27 PM

FYI I got the following email from CFR today:

Hello Bob!

Just wanted to let you know that the flies have arrived safe and sound.  They are incredible!!!!

I sent out an email to one of our October retreats to ask if they would like them and they sent back a resounding yes!  So please let you fly tying forum know that they will be given to the participants of our Kentucky/South Indiana retreat.

Thanks for your continued support of CfR and our participants!

Best,

Wendy

Wendy Gawlik

Executive Assistant

Casting for Recovery

Fishing Bob

#66 joseph russell

joseph russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:55 AM

That's Awesome

#67 Li'lDave

Li'lDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:48 AM

Two thumbs up

Dave Little
Club President, North Queensland Fly Fishers Inc.
www.nqflyfishers.com

#68 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:22 PM

Here is the letter from CFR, you may use it for tax purposes.  I can not say THANK YOU enough times to express my gratitude.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2014 CFR Letter.jpg

Fishing Bob