Fly Tying
Bimini15

Diluting liquid fusion

So... I have been tying some biggish head flies recently, and I am wondering if diluted Liquid Fusion (clear) would be a good alternative to UV (expensive) and Tear Mender (white residue).

Has anyone diluted LF, or know how to?

from the internet

Liquid Fusion thins with water, and you can make it any consistency you like.

Crystal Clear Liquid Fusion This is a water based, clear urethane glue that functions much like epoxy but does not require mixing, smell, or fear of gluing you scissors to the fly bench if you wait one minute too long. We use it to coat eyes, heads, and wing cases. It will stiffen materials like baitfish emulator or other wing or fly parts. Thinning with water allows for greater penetration on fly heads and wing cases.

try making a small puddle on a paper plate and add a drop of water to thin it down. apply to the fly head or wherever

be creative. experiment.

Yes flytire is correct I have thinned it to glue organza wings and to keep it to workable consistency on the bench. Never thought about it for a head coating please post the results.

I do as flytire stated and use it to coat top water poppers(foam,cork & Balsawood) face of Deer hair poppers and streamer/baitfish heads.

I think you will have to turn it like you would epoxy because its going to sag on you for your intended purpose unless you put it on really thin and build it up with many coats.