Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Do you keep or release your catch?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you keep the fish ou catch or put em back (212 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you keep the fish ou catch or put em back

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 ArkieFlyGuy

ArkieFlyGuy

It just doesn't get and better than Kenny G.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 11:48 AM

As part of my signature states, I do practice C & R...... on almost everything....

But if it's a Crappie, Walleye, or Bluegill..... he's in the hot oil!!

I could go for a good mess of Crappie fillets right now......mmmmmmm rolleyes.gif
TIGHT LINES, YA'LL!!!

Arkie Fly Guy's NEW AND IMPROVED website...

I'm not a fly fisherman.... But I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express!!!!....

#32 Kodiak Commando

Kodiak Commando

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 04:11 PM

Much like Arkieflyguy It depends on the fish. I realease most all of the dollies i catch same goes with any small bows or extremly large females. Salmon are a different story. I keep my limit of pink salmon early on when they are fresh chromers, the limit for pinks is 5 per person but i don't always keep that. The limit for reds and silvers is 2 and i will always keep a limit of reds and most always keep silvers. But considering i usually catch between 10 and 20 silver a day, plenty of fish make it back. I might seem greedy but groceries are so expensive here it's nice to eat fresh salmon that some of you in the lower 48 would have to pay a small fortune for.
I wish my first words when i was born were quote so right before I died I could say unqoute-stepen wright

#33 go-n-fishn

go-n-fishn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 10:18 PM

I put back everything except if it bleeding and I think its going die then it goes home with me.