Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Gear Clip?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Jingles

Mr. Jingles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 08:51 AM

Does anyone kn ow of a gear clip that has a water proof clock of some sort on it? Or do you have any reccomendations for gear clips? I like the idea, especially when the area is really tight and you can only bring a few things.

Cheers,

Mr. Jingles

#2 Peddler

Peddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 09:03 AM

Sumthin' like this?: http://www.orvis.com...d=7475&shop_id=

#3 Mr. Jingles

Mr. Jingles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 09:13 AM

I don't know if its a new thing or not, but it's a D-Ring style clip with a retractable cord, 3 clips for other tools, and a little micro flashlight made by dakota watch company. It's in Fly Fish America Gear Guide 2005...I was looking for one with a built in watch, but my guess is they dont make it...

Cheers

Mr. Jingles

#4 conehead

conehead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 11:08 AM

Mr. Jingles,

The last thing I want to take fishing with me is a watch. My best excuse for my wife is, "Sorry Honey, I forgot my watch, and just lost track of time, by the way let's go out to dinner."

If anything, take a calendar.
You don't want to miss Smallmouth season, because you have been fishing for trout the last several weeks.

Conehead
7,793,638 fly patterns out there; face it, I'm gonna be late for work.

#5 Crotalus

Crotalus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:19 PM

here is one....

http://www.orvis.com...d=6797&shop_id=

it doesnt have the extra clips that you mentioned though.

Cabela's has them also for $20 less than Orvis.

Search on Cabela's site for "Dakota Angler"

Joe

Please visit Predator Fly Outfitters.

8794809351_2a357d8e23.jpg
Predator Fly Outfitters

#6 Joe Hard

Joe Hard

Will Work For Bolgna

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,829 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Jingles @ Jan 25 2005, 09:51 AM)
Does anyone kn ow of a gear clip that has a water proof clock of some sort on it? Or do you have any reccomendations for gear clips? I like the idea, especially when the area is really tight and you can only bring a few things.

Cheers,

Mr. Jingles

You dont need a clock, if the fish are bitting its time if there not it aint . laugh.gif
My Webpage - http://joehardflytying.4t.com/ (WARNING LOTS OF POP UPS)

This fella will be pleased with your work, if not hes damn nuts, and should be beat with a stick!! fly time

"All it takes is one fool to be standing arround doing something, for a bunch of other fools to join in"......a quote from an old Newfoundlander I met fishing in the pooring rain

#7 Joe Hard

Joe Hard

Will Work For Bolgna

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,829 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 08:03 PM

I work with alot of water arround and I fish alot as well. I have never been able to keep a watch. The longest I ever had a watch was when I kept it in an airtight container, ( small diving container) arround my neck. The watch was round like a pen, with the straps removed that I got at the dollar store.
My Webpage - http://joehardflytying.4t.com/ (WARNING LOTS OF POP UPS)

This fella will be pleased with your work, if not hes damn nuts, and should be beat with a stick!! fly time

"All it takes is one fool to be standing arround doing something, for a bunch of other fools to join in"......a quote from an old Newfoundlander I met fishing in the pooring rain