Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

TUTV

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shoe

Shoe

Bellied up to a Sand Bar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 10:38 AM

I've been looking around on the Cable/Satellite channels to find TUTV, but I see OLN cancelled it.

Here's a link to an email addy that we can voice our displeasure.

http://www.tutv.org/

Here's mine laugh.gif

Gavin Harvey President and CEO Outdoor Life Network

Dear Mr. Harvey

If for some certain reason the management seems to believe that Bull Riding and simple minded bicycling races are in the best interest of the viewers, you might be mistaking. Also the timeslots for some of the more sophisticated fishing shows, like FlyFish TV leave much to be desired. The ones advertisers target are the ones with jobs.

Sincerely, R. Maky
I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

#2 flyfishenvy

flyfishenvy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 12:04 PM

go get them ralf. though i would much rather see fly fish tv compared to tutv, it is a shame there isnt more fly fishing oriented shows (other than the occasional cabelas or bass pro program that just happens to have fly fishing in it) on the air today.

screw it lets just all quit our jobs and start our own show smile.gif

#3 Bamboo

Bamboo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 12:21 PM

I got a copy of Tim Linehan's newsletter (Linehan Outfitting) last week and he mentioned this. Sounds like it was simply due to a lack of sponsorship. crying.gif crying.gif

Bamboo
"For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish." - John H. Bradley