Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Czech Nymphing

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Fisherman4

Fisherman4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 02:16 PM

Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone has tried this for trout. I know people mostly use it for grayling but have also heard trout being caught on this technique as well. If anyone would want to share any other information on it, it would be greatly appreciated.

-Evan

#2 moskito_01

moskito_01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 02:51 AM

Why don`t you start with THIS.

Great glossary that is.

Andy

#3 Fisherman4

Fisherman4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 09:56 AM

sweet,

Moskito, have you personally tried this technique?

-Evan

#4 moskito_01

moskito_01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 01:44 PM

Yes I actually have. And it worked very well. I followed the instructions in that link above. Or tried to anyways. :-)
Try it, it`s fun, even though there`s no casting involved.

#5 Fisherman4

Fisherman4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 09:42 PM

Moskito,

Thanks for the reply. I figured I might give it a try and see how things work. I just think tying their patterns are so easy.

-Evan

#6 Fly1

Fly1

another damn Canadian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 12:29 PM

I have more luck using a short line and not letting the nymph sink but just let it bounce on the current surface especially where it enters a pool.

Ken cool.gif
Credit River Cane Rods
<span style='color:blue'>Ken Paterson, Streetsville, Ontario</span>

#7 Sjo Crapels

Sjo Crapels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 04:37 PM

In the Netherlands there is now a discussion going on about Czech nymphing. The pros say its fun to do and it enables you to catch a lot of fish. The cons state that you will inflict damage to the system if you fish this intens. You scrape all the fish off the bottom and you might damage the little ones.

I wil give it a try the coming season and I really like the Czech Nymph patterns.
Sjo
let the fly be with you...................

#8 moskito_01

moskito_01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 01:28 AM

Sometimes I even fish the patterns when I`m not Czech Nymphing, just because I like them a lot as well. AND, as Fisherman pointed out before, they are fairly easy to tie.