Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Fisherman’s Journal?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wahl.flies

wahl.flies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 12:01 AM

I was wondering if anyone knew of a place that i could get a Fisherman’s journal? I have checked out a few on the net, but most are not what im looking for as far as the style and size. This is the only one i found that i would be willing to buy but i wanted one a little bigger in size, it only measures 5 x 6 1/2... Journal

Thanks,
-Shawn

#2 Joe Hard

Joe Hard

Will Work For Bolgna

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,829 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 07:25 PM

for that price I could buy alot of other things, and so could you. Why not go to a stationary store and buy something there. you can jot down your feild notes and then download them to a web journal, with photos ect.
My Webpage - http://joehardflytying.4t.com/ (WARNING LOTS OF POP UPS)

This fella will be pleased with your work, if not hes damn nuts, and should be beat with a stick!! fly time

"All it takes is one fool to be standing arround doing something, for a bunch of other fools to join in"......a quote from an old Newfoundlander I met fishing in the pooring rain

#3 trout traveler

trout traveler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 07:43 PM

I tell ya what i will be starting to do this year.I have a PDA that will be mikin trips with.Will be trying each trip to record day with.Will be working on something to keep record on home computer.Just thought i throw that out there.tt

[/QUOTE]
Deep in the heart of every man is a longing to live as God designed.
Nowere is the freedom to do that more possible than in the wilderness and beauty of God'screations.
Fly rod in hand fish on.
URL: http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/

#4 wahl.flies

wahl.flies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 08:38 PM

I saw this on Ebay, alot cheaper then that other one and it comes with a Program for your PC.

Fishermans Journal

#5 conehead

conehead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 10:41 PM

$125.00 for a book with blank pages.

Man, If I spend $125 for a journal, It would have to drive me to the stream and guide me for a day (and it better provide lunch as well).

Spend the cash on flies or tying material.

5" by 8", Spiral bound, blank pages, $1.98 at Walmart. record the info in the old computer for later study.

I guess I'm either too cheap or too practical.

Conehead
7,793,638 fly patterns out there; face it, I'm gonna be late for work.

#6 Joe Hard

Joe Hard

Will Work For Bolgna

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,829 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (conehead @ Mar 27 2005, 11:41 PM)
$125.00 for a book with blank pages.

Man, If I spend $125 for a journal, It would have to drive me to the stream and guide me for a day (and it better provide lunch as well).

Spend the cash on flies or tying material.

5" by 8", Spiral bound, blank pages, $1.98 at Walmart. record the info in the old computer for later study.

I guess I'm either too cheap or too practical.

Conehead

Im with ya!!
My Webpage - http://joehardflytying.4t.com/ (WARNING LOTS OF POP UPS)

This fella will be pleased with your work, if not hes damn nuts, and should be beat with a stick!! fly time

"All it takes is one fool to be standing arround doing something, for a bunch of other fools to join in"......a quote from an old Newfoundlander I met fishing in the pooring rain

#7 mcfly

mcfly

><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 10:44 AM

Barns and Noble has a leather bound parchment book for around 25$ has a nice leather tie. Probably make a nice journal you can hand down some day.

I personally like to keep my journal in my head, that way the story gets better every time I tell it. smile.gif
To avoid situations in which you might make mistakes may be the biggest mistake of all. - Peter McWilliams

#8 steeladdict

steeladdict

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 03:12 PM

I just put everything down in a sprial bound notebook, kinda of primitive, but it works for me.