Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Pair of Rainshadow trout spin rods

Un3k4A.jpg
qT4Cgc.jpg
WLtQHH.jpg
NwcE1P.jpg
Ninon7.jpg

Pair of Rainshadow spin rods for a couple anglers that like to use small Panther Martian spinners for trout. These are done with some very light weight components with the one rod weighing in at 3.7oz and the other at 4oz.

May be wrong but I thought the split grip was to allow you to touch the blank. Better sensitivity.

By the way, nice.

Not really. Hard to hold the rod back there while working a lure. The split seats also know as blank-thru seats are made to help with sensitivity because your hand can rest on the blank while holding the reel, but having a split grip doesn't do much for that purpose.

Those are some long fighting butts ... if that's what they are. The way I cast my spinning rods, I don't think I'd like that much.

aWQNcr.jpg

How bout' this one Mikey, that long enough fore ya? lol. This is my Nephew's spin rod I built for him a few year's ago. BTW extra brownie points for anyone that can figure out what the red aluminum accent trim piece actually is.

A flashlight? I bought a split grip rod to try out and it lasted about 10 casts. I was doing an advanced backward twirling over the shoulder cast when I jammed the long arse butt section into the back of a boat seat causing the rod to dislodge from my hand. It not only went in the river but it flew a good 30 feet away from the boat never to be seen again.

A flashlight?

Bingo! It's one of those little aluminum body led flashlights that you can get at the dollar store. Lot of these rod building supply places sell aluminum trim rings and sections to at to grips and they charge $10-$20 for them. I saw that at the dollar store and realized right off the bat it would be the same size as cork so stripped the guts out of it and did some matching thread wraps over the flashlight body.