Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Lucian.Vasies

my kind of PT Variants

these flies never let me down. Simple to tie, even a beginner can make them in 5min:

PT1-980x654.jpg

PTCG1-980x654.jpg

I dropped to make the tail and I tie the hot spot down and not behind the bead.

Lucian,

I like your style. Building a fly with those proportions, and buzz is far from a beginners results. That is a destination that needs to be worked to obtain.

That fly looks great. Speaking of pheasant tails, maybe someone can help me. I have been having trouble wrapping the body with pheasant tail fibers. They keep slipping and I have to keep starting over. I have been using a dubbed body (w/ rabbit fur dubbing) instead and I wrap it tight and the copper ribbing makes it even tighter so that it is the same as the actual pheasant tail wrapped body. I do use pheasant tail fibers for the tail, thorax and legs. Any easier way to wrap the pheasant tail body?

Joe

That fly looks great. Speaking of pheasant tails, maybe someone can help me. I have been having trouble wrapping the body with pheasant tail fibers. They keep slipping and I have to keep starting over. I have been using a dubbed body (w/ rabbit fur dubbing) instead and I wrap it tight and the copper ribbing makes it even tighter so that it is the same as the actual pheasant tail wrapped body. I do use pheasant tail fibers for the tail, thorax and legs. Any easier way to wrap the pheasant tail body?

Joe

Have you tried twisting the fibers together before you wrap them?

@14gauge

try using rotary function with fingers keeping even tension on the fibers as you wrap, that's what i do anyway

Thanks guys. I haven't tried twisting the fibers together. Will try that. BTW, sorry to hi-jack the thread, but I thought it might help others who may have the same problem and I knew you guys would come through with the answer.

Joe