Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
FlyTyer15

Curing the Winter Blues

These are my rough drafts for a scholarship coming up. Been spending lots of time lately at the scroll saw. I have another pattern being shipped along with many other projects in mind. I'm going to also be making custom frames for the pieces. They are both 9 x 11 inch pieces.

post-48396-0-27466800-1421993912_thumb.jpg

post-48396-0-15351800-1421993934_thumb.jpg

Very pretty scroll saw work. I like scroll saw art, I just don't have the patience for it. My hat's off to you for being able to do that.

Any fishy ones?

Those horses and saddles are extremely cool, but I don't live in horse country.

Just kidding ... very nice work there.

Wow--those are beautiful. As someone who has just gotten started doing basic woodworking, seeing work like that is an inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

Actually Mike you do live in horse country. A lot of horses from up north get sent down to Fla in the winter for shows and training. At least the ones owned by wealthy people.

Steve

Thank you every one.

Mike, I am in the process of ordering new patterns that have fishing in them.

Bryon, These are the 4th and 5th fret work that I've ever done. Patience is everything.

Actually Mike you do live in horse country. A lot of horses from up north get sent down to Fla in the winter for shows and training. At least the ones owned by wealthy people.

Steve

I live in the middle of Deltona. I drive I-4 to South Orlando to work.

When I am fishing, it's usually on the St. Johns River.

Florida does have a lot of horses ... but I do NOT live in horse country. I might see a dozen a year ... when I am driving to other fishing sites.

I don't have anything against them, and I've ridden them in the past ... but I don't listen to C&W ... and I "ain't no cowboy!"

Holy crow !!!

That is some super intricate work. Just drawing the pattern is more skill than 99 percent of the people out there have. You've done amazing work there.

Haha thank you! I am now in the process of building my own frame to fit the roper, Indian and barrel racer, i will post when i get it done.