Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Southern Ontario

Fishing reports

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nindja

nindja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:24 AM

Most rivers are still technically fishable but last few days has a mini freeze turn the tribs into big slushies.  Hard to fish.  Flies, lines and eyelets all freeze over too quickly.  Going to tie a few flies for an upcoming ice-fishing trip to Simcoe.  Some steelies in the rivers though.  Haven't gone up to Georgian Bay or Huron since November so no reports for you.

Peace

Nindja

Peace man!   

#2 Decisions

Decisions

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:41 PM

Hey Nindja,

I'm in Southern Ontario also. Like you said,the rivers are hit and miss as of late. Thaw coming our way soon though. I live 10 minutes from Port Hope. Simcoe is too early for the lakers!

Cheers, Ron...

My passion is my wife and then my fishing. Sometimes she thinks it is the other way around.

Living in Southern Ontario, close to Rice Lake.