Fly Tying
Bryon Anderson

Crayfish & Co. Swap

I need to fish more crayfish patterns, to identify one or two that work well on my local waters. Also, as near as I can tell by using the advanced search function, the last swap that was specific to crayfish patterns was back in 2011, so I says to myself, "Self", I says, "it's time for another Crayfish/Crawdad/Mudbug Swap!"

Many have commented lately (correctly, I believe) that due dates too far in the future leads to excessive procrastination and missed deadlines, so let's say the deadline for this swap will be Saturday January 25. That's 3 weeks and change, which should keep everyone on-task. smile.png

Normal swap rules apply:

1. pattern of your choice--only criteria are that it must be a crayfish/crawdad/mudbug imitation of some kind.
2. tie one fly for every participant (other than yourself) in the swap
3. Toe-tag each fly with your FTF screen name and pattern name
4. Mail flies to the swapmeister in a crush-proof container, and enclose a return envelope with return postage already attached.

That's it! I'm hoping for 12 swappers, but will run the swap with fewer if we don't get a full roster. Who's in?

SM - Clouser Crayfish - DONE
1. dogfacedoc - Olive rabbit zonker crawdad. RECEIVED
2. vicrider - TBD - RECEIVED
3. JohnW1986 - TBD - RECEIVED
4. vicente - olive CE Crawfish EN ROUTE
5. Mikemac1 - EP Pine Squirrel Cray - RECEIVED
6. thatchyfern - Simple Crayfish DONE
7. Ekucolonel17 - Foam-back craw - RECEIVED
8. niveker - Stalcup's Crazy Dad - RECEIVED
9. stabgnid- TBD EN ROUTE

I'm in. Lots of swaps keep me tying flies that I don't have to just store and never use. I already have too many of those so will be in almost any swap coming along except deer hair. That one just doesn't work for me.

I will be in a hotel room for the next three weeks. I am not going to make any promises, as I don't want to be "in".

I might be able to tie up some "Panfish Attractors" as extras for everybody. I believe, when fished on the bottom, fish see baby crayfish, so they kind of fit in.

Again, if they get to you, Bryon, then I got them done.

Mike that sounds great, we'll be glad to have your attractors if you get to them. If not--next time. 🙂 mikemac1 you're in, thanks for joining!

So interesting development guys -- my son has dabbled in tying since he was a little kid. He's 18 now and getting more serious with it, so i got him a good vise and tools for Christmas this year, and he wants to register on FTF and join his old man's swap.🙂🙂 Only he cant register right now due to site issues, so, per Steeldrifter's permission, I am going to put him on the list and let him join the swap as a "pending member". He'll operate through my account until he can register his own. He will appear on the swap roster as "thatchyfern"

You do realize by including yourself in the list of swappers we only need tie but 11 flies since we do not get our own back. Just a point to save confusion. Most swaps we do not include ourselves in the list and then it is 12 flies total.

You do realize by including yourself in the list of swappers we only need tie but 11 flies since we do not get our own back. Just a point to save confusion. Most swaps we do not include ourselves in the list and then it is 12 flies total.

Good point vicrider--mistake on my part. I'll fix it so there are 12 spots in addition to the SM so everyone will tie 12 flies total once the swap is full. Thanks!