Fly Tying
Graham

Dragonfly

Graham, I've read alot of your posts and looked at alot of pics of flys you've tied, and I gotta say that your flys are some of my favorites on here, please keep posting them headbang.gif

Thank you Guy's. This was the first time I tyed a fly that was mostly foam. Tying the foam on in strips was the only way I could get the spikes I wanted on the abdomen. I had no idea that coloring the foam with markers, then coating it with acrylic varnish and re-touching with marker, would turn out so cool looking. The foam I used was super thin, called Razor Foam and I bought it at the local Orvis store. The foam almost looks like it's shaved off with a razor to make the pieces so thin. When I bought it I wondewred if I'd ever use it. Now I want to go back and get some more.

Graham

Oh My God!, for once I'm speechless. Those are the most impressive realistic fly's I've ever seen! I can only hope to learn and practice enough to even come close to replicating insects as well as you. Truly amazing. Can you share any tricks with respect to working with Japanese Nymph Legs? Now I'm wondering if my order yesterday for these Japanese legs was through your web site? I'd sure love to see more of your fly's.

Graham