Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Swamp Fly

Hey Bimini or anyone else in that area!

It's that time of year again where I get twitchy because can just taste fishing The Alley. That would be Alligator Alley aka I-75 in South Florida for folks not from the area. How is the water level out there? Does it look like the fish are being forced into the canals off of the flats yet? I've been looking at USGS data and it should be close. Too much fun to be had when the water is low enough! It's a 2.5 hour drive for me so I don't just go and take a look on a whim. The west side looks about right but South Florida Water (mis)Management doesn't mess with the water levels as much over here so I don't like using it as a guide for what is happening over there.

Alligator Alley is a good 6 or 7 hours for me. 3 hours just to Tampa, if traffic is good.

I hope you catch LOTS of fish when you get down there.

Alligator Alley is a good 6 or 7 hours for me. 3 hours just to Tampa, if traffic is good.

I hope you catch LOTS of fish when you get down there.

Thanks Mike. I used to live in Melbourne, that was a three and a half hour drive and it was rough. Looking forward to hitting it.

No idea. Never go down there.

I would go to the FS forums and find out from the guys who are there everyday.

Thanks Bimini, that was my next plan. I'll have to see if my login still works. FS forum can be kinda weird, one minute they really share info, and the next nothing. Some of the tournament guys can get down right Basshatish, after all the whole area belongs to them.