Fly Tying
Fisherboy0301

North Ga Trout Trip

Taking a day trip up on Oct 29 to the Toccoa River here in Ga to do some trout fishing for my first time ever with a friend who'll be fishing the dark side (spin tackle) as well. Talked to the guide about sending me patterns to tie but he hasn't yet. Any suggestions? Going to be fishing the watershed and tributaries wading, then drifting the lower Toccoa River. Any and all patterns or tips are appreciated!

From what I gather, reading comments from die-hard trout anglers ... you'll need to tie perfect mimic midge larva in sizes 38 through 44.

You'll also need to collect freshly spun spider's web for tippet material.

Good luck !!!

From what I gather, reading comments from die-hard trout anglers ... you'll need to tie perfect mimic midge larva in sizes 38 through 44.

You'll also need to collect freshly spun spider's web for tippet material.

Good luck !!!

Oh stop Mike, he could just take you along to show him how it's done with a piece of cloths line and 1/0 hook, LOL !

I don't know those waters ( especially for Oct) so I will hold back my comments. I could take some pretty good generic guesses but anyone can do that. While you wait for some real answers here is a hatch chart, fwiw: http://www.bigyflyco.com/toccoariver.asp

I can't help you either, but it sounds like a wonderful vacation! Good on ya!

I've only driven through Georgia with a stop in Savannah so I cannot offer any help. But,,,,,,,,, if I were were going fishing I would take some stoneflies and some midges

Shoot me a PM.I live below Atlanta

I did well just drifting #16 bh pheasant tails, hare's ear nymphs as well. That was later in the year.

Check north georgia trout online forum, as well. I'm sure they could point you in the right direction...