Fly Tying

Easter egg poppers

It's that time of the year. They really good. I haven't been to a craft store in a while. I'll have to check and see what they have. What size hook are you using?

Xmas time with lotta matl options from the decorations.

Took some lil styrofoam balls bout the right size and attached to hooks with UV resin and dressed. Nice bream bugs with no painting.

5733-C20-B-0647-4-DB7-B418-C3-ED24759-F4

I take a spike and make a hole for and aft and stick the eye of hook thru. You can use the hook point but care not to tear to much. The styrofoam is very soft and takes s couple of coats of UV resin to give it a hard shell. Since glue melts the stuff the UV doesnt work up in it so a generous amount at the hook hole openings allows for hardening with the lite and gives strong connection. You can squash the lil eggs easily but after the UV coats they are quite strong. I havent broken any yet but not bulletproof. They are as strong as the amount of resin used. Have to use pliers to push the needle in for the rubber legs and careful not to brake a chunk out doing it. No painting is the deal and between coats of UV you can sprinkle glitter flakes or sharpie spots eyes etc. The small ones you can just thread on With hook point. BTW you can pull the lengths of flash from the balls to jazz up tails. Did I mention the big ones actually pop a little to be round.