Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dflanagan

Nice end to a good weekend

Don't post many fishing stories because, let's face it, I don't catch enough fish or just go fishing enough to really warrant it. But this weekend has been good.

Spent Saturday and Sunday fishing Montauk state park in southern Missouri. Didn't catch a lot but it was a good learning experience for my first time fishing a trout stream. Fish were everywhere but difficult for me to catch. Beautiful place that I recommend visiting if you're in the area.

Got back this afternoon and had an hour to kill this evening so I hit up a local park that allows C&R fishing. Great place for big hybrid sunfish, little LM bass, and channel cat. First cast brought a nice hybrid. A couple hundred casts later, and the last of the evening, I landed this 4-5lb channel cat. Still totally impressed with this 4wt anglers roost blank that steeldrifter built for me early last year. Need to save my pennies for another rod from him.

post-59660-0-12544700-1536627565_thumb.jpg