Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Fish Pictures

• Please log in to reply
1892 replies to this topic

#1 iFly

iFly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:04 PM

Saw threads like these on other forums. Theyre pretty entertaining and you can see what people are catching. Hoping we can keep it going so it'll stay atleast on the front page. Itd be nice if an admin could make it a Sticky or something of the like. Any and all species and sizes welcome, doesnt have to be OTF.......

#2 iFly

iFly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:06 PM

Ill start........

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 clarkii

clarkii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:04 PM

ok- i'll bite- here are a few...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 JSzymczyk

JSzymczyk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:54 AM

If I ever catch another fish, I'll post a pic. :)

I do have one question, which clarkii's pic made me think of... in fly fishing pics, why do we so often see the rod and reel dropped into the water, laying on the bottom? I can't think of any other pictures I've ever seen of other types of fishing where the angler puts the rod and reel down in the water to take a fish. Not criticizing, just curious.

the gales of November remembered...

#5 bluegill576

bluegill576

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:04 AM

I do have one question, which clarkii's pic made me think of... in fly fishing pics, why do we so often see the rod and reel dropped into the water, laying on the bottom? I can't think of any other pictures I've ever seen of other types of fishing where the angler puts the rod and reel down in the water to take a fish. Not criticizing, just curious.

I don't normally drop it in the water unless I have to but I will sometimes hold the rod with the fish as sort of a way to see how big it is in comparison to the rod.

#6 Matt24

Matt24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:49 PM

One from this fall...

Attached Files

• Attached File  nak.jpg   170.47KB   106 downloads

#7 jhammer

jhammer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:02 AM

I never put my reel in the water. I forgot I did one time and it cost me. I forgot to air out my backing and it rotted and it cost me one heck of a nice fish and my fly line lol! :lol:

#8 planettrout

planettrout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:49 AM

A Brown my son, Michael caught at dusk on the East Walker River, Bridgeport, CA...

Posted Image

on this pattern:

Posted Image

“MOO’s BLUE MIDGE” # 18…

HOOK: Gamakatsu C12B Scud Hook, #18-#20

THREAD: Tiemco 16/0, Black

ABDOMEN: Blue Krystal Flash

TAIL: Pearl Midge Flash

RIB: Wapsi wire, x-sm, silver

THORAX: Purple Iridescent Peacock Herl (Spirit River)

BEAD: Silver Tungsten, sized to hook

PT/TB :)
Daughter to Father, " How Many arms do you have. How many fly rods do you need?"

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/

#9 clarkii

clarkii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:53 AM

JS-
here we have an example of the fish being the priority- and wanting to get it released quickly-
i was standing in water- by myself- wanted a picture of the fish- -only have two hands- one for camera and one for the fish-
so rod goes in the water... and no worse for wear. B) .

#10 HGC930

HGC930

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:16 AM

I thought I'd make my first post in this topic...and I'm looking forward to many more posts on this forum

Attached File  fish_farmington river.JPG   1.16MB   93 downloads

#11 Tailn'Jax

Tailn'Jax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

Just the good ones.....
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Fly fishing is an exercise in hope and optimism that makes us spiritually stronger whether we catch fish or not."
Joe Kahler

http://nefltails.blogspot.com/

#12 flygirl

flygirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:32 PM

I have no complaints about this years fishing results...heres a couple that made it to the net. One on a Hares Ear Nymph & the other on a Red/Black marabou streamer

Attached File  20110607_23.jpg   196.43KB   323 downloads
Attached File  IMGP2203.JPG   120.79KB   356 downloads

#13 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,368 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:04 PM

Both are nice flygirl...but I gotta say, that is a GORGEOUS brook trout! Canada I'm guessing?

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=je3rQevW-cw

#14 Tailn'Jax

Tailn'Jax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:45 PM

That is an awesome Brookie, those fish are so beautiful.
"Fly fishing is an exercise in hope and optimism that makes us spiritually stronger whether we catch fish or not."
Joe Kahler

http://nefltails.blogspot.com/

#15 Laxi

Laxi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:52 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Those were my best fish of 2011, more photos can be found in this thread: http://www.flytyingf...opic=60615&st=0