Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Hello from the SF Bay Area

3 replies to this topic

#1 kmhaley1

kmhaley1

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:19 PM

Hi, everyone.

I've been lurking for far too long on the site and just recently became a member. I have been fishing since a young age even doing the competitive bass tournament scene for a while. That got too hectic and I focused mainly on trout and steelhead on the fly in the Upstate and Central NY regions. I moved out to the West Coast for work and find myself not fishing as often because the traffic is soooo bad. So to get my fix in I I spend more time at the vise, tying primarily trout patterns but some carp and striper as well. Really enjoy tying the competition style nymphs lately. Looking forward to continuing my education as I go farther down the rabbit hole of fly tying.

If anyone is in the Bay Area, I'm always looking for new people to fish and new places to try if you have suggestions. 

-Kevin

#2 mybadhabit

mybadhabit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:18 PM

Welcome Kevin, hope you continue to find it as interesting as I do.

Blane

#3 cphubert

cphubert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:30 PM

Welcome Kevin, hope you find a fishing hole on the left coast, tying is a great escape when you can't fish.

Chris

#4 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,260 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:07 PM

Welcome to the site, KM.  I work, for a couple of weeks a year, South of Stockton.  Plenty of small bass and trout waters over there.

Good luck finding tying and fishing partners.

Barbed hooks rule!

My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.

Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

Reply to this topic