Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
FlaFly

Unpinning Pinned threads

Anyone know how to get rid of pinned threads? Nearly every forum topic I open has a bunch of pinned, and sometimes obsolete threads at the top. For example in the Beginner forum, there's one about a free insert in Fly Fisherman magazine that was only available in 2005. People kept adding to the thread up until 2009 even though it was obsolete. It still shows up though. Is there a way to get rid of it?

Threads are pinned so they don't get lost in the many posts that are made. Most are information that gets viewed frequently, a good feature for new members. Admin or a Moderator would likely have to change that setting. Unless your browsing a single forum or looking for something specific, why not just use the "View New Content" link in the upper right. That's what I do & don't even see the pinned threads.

Probably ought to do that. I tend to go through all the forums, and if one indicated a "today" post, I open that forum. Then I have to hunt around to find the new post amidst all the Pins and Polls.

I was hoping maybe the admin actually read these "suggestions" and took some action where needed.

Thanx for the suggestion. I'll probably start doing that.

I do read these but I do not see anything that is such a bad issue. There are only three pinned topics in the beginner forum so it's not like you are having to wade through tons of pinned topics to find new posts. We do have a lot of things that we do each day here on this site to keep everyone happy, and that's on top of trying to run a business and lead a life so worrying about a few older pinned topics is not exactly on the top of the priority list right now.

Pshaw, Steve !!! What do you have to do ???
A few rods to build ... a few fish tanks that need daily attention ... a few Bonsai that need daily attention ... a garden that you're building ... two websites to run (that I know of) ... ... ... ...

Damn, I'm tired just writing this!

Probably ought to do that. I tend to go through all the forums, and if one indicated a "today" post, I open that forum. Then I have to hunt around to find the new post amidst all the Pins and Polls.

I was hoping maybe the admin actually read these "suggestions" and took some action where needed.

Thanx for the suggestion. I'll probably start doing thaT

Use the "view new content" button at the top right...inside the dark blue banner. It bypasses all the older posts (you set the preferences) and includes posts from all of the subcategories. If more people used this function, there probably would be fewer people answering posts from 10 years ago and giving them new life.