Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Caddis for Christmas Swap

Caddis flies only

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#31 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

Horseshoes wild and crazy caddis arrived and they are indeed wild and crazy. biggrin.png

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#32 Horseshoes

Horseshoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

Told you. Apparently the change from the normal profile entices the big boys, browns etc.

When in Nova Scotia stop into JD's Bows & Guns

#33 DavidHE

DavidHE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:23 PM

The first set of flies I tied were a little rotund (guess it fits the season) due to the lead. I decided to tie a second, unweighted, slimmer set. Finished them this evening so both sets will be on their way to your doorstep soon.

#34 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:13 AM

The first set of flies I tied were a little rotund (guess it fits the season) due to the lead. I decided to tie a second, unweighted, slimmer set. Finished them this evening so both sets will be on their way to your doorstep soon.

Well, they say rotund flies for rotund fish....

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

Fishing Bob

#35 riffleriversteelheadslayer

riffleriversteelheadslayer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

in the mail today a set of cdc and foam dry flies

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

There is no such thing as a blank day for a fisherman. It will be saved for him by the white-throated weasel, who watches his fishing from a hole in the wall under which is lying a fish that refused all flies; or by the excitment of identifying insects; or by the apple-bloosom in a nearby orchard; and no one would call that day a blank on which he has seen a king-fisher." -- Arthur Ransome Rod and Line, 1929

#36 DavidHE

DavidHE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

My flies were handed over to the USPS today.

#37 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

David and Riff, looking forward to seeing them. Thanks for joining.

Fishing Bob

#38 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:51 AM

I got Rockworm's Rockworms in the mail. Looks like the Canadian tyers are faster than the Americans.

Fishing Bob

#39 Horseshoes

Horseshoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

Ahummm ..Well ...cough cough. ;)

When in Nova Scotia stop into JD's Bows & Guns

#40 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:22 PM

I got Rockworm's Rockworms in the mail. Looks like the Canadian tyers are faster than the Americans.

Well mine are gone today but have been sitting on my table for a week.

Kevin

https://www.instagram.com/eastern.fly/

A Pitt fan, a Marshall fan, and a WVU fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves their team most. The Marshall fan insists that he is most loyal and then yells,"This is for Marshall!" and jumps off the mountain. Not to be out done,The WVU fan next professes his love for his team. He screams,"This is for the Mountaineers!" and pushes the Pitt fan off the mountain.

Anyone can be a father. It takes a man to be a Dad! Kiss your kids today.

#41 professori

professori

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:21 AM

That's because we're all snow-bound and have  to tie flies or go stir crazy.

#42 rockworm

rockworm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

That's because we're all snow-bound and have  to tie flies or go stir crazy.

Amen to that.

#43 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

Some very nice X2 Caddis from Fletchfishes arrived today.  Thanks for the extras cool.png

Fishing Bob

#44 J-Kno

J-Kno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:39 AM

Just finished mine, will be in the mail on Monday.

#45 troutguy

troutguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

Mine will be in the mail tomorrow Bob. I tied my version of a size 12 green Hydropsyche caddis larva.

Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for the day; Teach a man to tie flies and he'll pick up all the roadkill.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Caddis flies only