Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Caddis For Christmas II

Caddis flies only

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 shoebop

shoebop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:21 PM

Nothing for me yet. I'm getting anxious.
Shoebop

#62 DavidHE

DavidHE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:11 PM

My flies have also arrived. Excellent job everyone. Thanks for hosting and for the extra fishingbobnelson!

#63 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:38 AM

Flies arrived today -- very nice work by everyone! Thanks for hosting, Bob, and thanks for the little extra tucked inside. :) Merry Christmas everyone.

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#64 shoebop

shoebop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:17 PM

The flies finally arrived today. Nice job everyone! Thanks, Bob, for the extra gift. What a great idea.thumbs up.gif
Shoebop

#65 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,804 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:15 AM

Yep, picked up flies yesterday. They are a great bunch and thanx for the extra and card Bob.

Kind of funny but in the spirit of Christmas I see the PO clipped ya' an extra $.16 for your generous addition. 

#66 rockworm

rockworm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:05 PM

Mine arrived in today's mail. Thanks for hosting Bob. And thanks for the Christmas treat! We shall enjoy it Christmas day with a good French wine. Happy holidays and all the best for 2015!

#67 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,804 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:51 AM

Just going thru the flies again and thinking how well they cover so many situations on the water. I don't know how many articles I've read saying Caddis are so imprinted on a trout's feeding circuits they'll take it whenever they have the chance.

Border Collies, where did you get the wing material for you fly? I assume it's a sheet you cut or have patterns for but it's a nice touch to a great little fly.

#68 Horseshoes

Horseshoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:59 PM

I got a box of fabulous flies. Well done everyone and thanks Bob for hosting.
Jburge, the lunch? Merry Christmas everyone.

When in Nova Scotia stop into JD's Bows & Guns

#69 jburge

jburge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:31 AM

I got a box of fabulous flies. Well done everyone and thanks Bob for hosting.
Jburge, the lunch? Merry Christmas everyone.

Ha, yeah. BBQ was Bob's idea, although he got no argument from me :-)

#70 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,287 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 04:13 AM

My flies arrived yesterday. Great set of flies. Bring on some sun and a hatch and away we go.
Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

Based Scottish Highlands. UK

MUSTAD The wise anglers choice.

#71 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:42 PM

All flies have now reached their homes.  Happy holidays to everyone in this swap.  Hope to see you next Christmas.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Caddis flies only