Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Caddis for Christmas VI

Caddis flies only

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 jacktjl

jacktjl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:35 PM

here are my efforts for this swap

kyqKlZQ.jpg

M1GoVh9.jpg

they just need toe tags

Very Nice Flytire!

Tim AKA Jacktjl

for those who like vintage items of all types
http://www.etsy.com/...Day?ref=si_shop

#32 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 02:44 PM

Two very nice sets arrived today from Utyer and r2732.  Two weeks to go.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#33 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 05:34 PM

here are my efforts for this swap

kyqKlZQ.jpg
M1GoVh9.jpg

they just need toe tags

Very Nice Flytire!

I agree, I'm glad you decided to start joining swaps flytire it always nice to receive such beautifully tied flys.

#34 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,805 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 01:16 PM

I have mine ready to send and with the Christmas swap in full sorting and packing stage I will have to send them even though I really wanted to try redoing a set with some deer hair a cyber friend sent me to try. Mine are with Elk and a hook size bigger than I really wanted to use. Caddis can be #12s on some water I'm sure and wish I have time to give another set a try. If I don't I'll ship them end of the week. For those in Christmas swap the quality of boxes and flies is the best it has every been and the generosity of tiers is extraordinary.

Nick

The thing I most admire about flytires work is not just the basic quality of his flies but the consistency which I have struggled with since I started tying again a few years back. You can lay all his flies side by side and just looking at those pictures show you the tags, the body shape, the amount of taper, the ribbing is the same on every fly. This is the real mark of some known tiers. Not just a quality fly like I get a few of but a production line of them all matching. 

#35 cphubert

cphubert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 04:41 PM

I finally put them in the mail, vicrider I see a lot of larger caddis's than that, (in the warmer weather) 12's are more than acceptable and easier to see. I have more trouble fishing the small winter caddis patterns 20's and black or brown colored.

#36 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 09:05 PM

cphubert's sent two sets of flies and they are really nice.  Santa has been working on a little something extra for your stockings.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

Fishing Bob

#37 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:25 PM

Very Christmas colored flies arrived today from Breambuster.  I don't know the name of the pattern.

Fishing Bob

#38 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:27 PM

I have heard back from everybody so all the flies should be here by Saturday.  I will sort them and go to the PO on Monday.

Fishing Bob

#39 cphubert

cphubert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:52 AM

cdccaddis.jpg peepingcaddis.jpg

cdc caddis and peeping caddis

#40 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:22 PM

On their way

#41 DavidHE

DavidHE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:05 PM

My flies went our first thing this morning.

#42 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:31 PM

Picked up jburge's flies over some great BBQ ribs and tri-tip at Sacramento's best BBQ joint. 

Fishing Bob

#43 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:05 PM

What's that bbq joint Bob? I love me some good bbq.

#44 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:09 PM

What's that bbq joint Bob? I love me some good bbq.

Momo's Meat Market on Broadway, Open Wed to Sat only.  I'd be glad to meet you there anytime.

Fishing Bob

#45 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:00 PM

Big Caddis hatch in Santa's mail box, DavidHE, Vicente and Vicrider's flies all arrived,  We are just waiting on the mail from Rock Hill, SC to arrive.  This may be a problem, as in the past, they thought that Sacramento was in Mexico.  Hopefully Troutguy will have left the taco sauce off the envelope which may have confused them in the past.

Fishing Bob

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Caddis flies only