Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
KnittedAngler

New to the sport, and having a blast!

Hello, all! I'm Jessi, and go by KnittingAngler on this site. I'm a newbie fly fisher/fly tyer, but am married to a wonderful Guy who has been a fly fisher/fly tyer for roughly 20 years! I've had the opportunity to go on fly fishing weekends to Broken Bow, OK twice now thanks to Patriot Anglers, and have already started tying my own flies. Being married to an angler I quickly learned that there's no need to buy when I can make for WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY cheaper!!!

I am a knitter, and am starting to make items that are both functional and eye pleasing (and pretty, if for a woman) for those colder days on the water: Fingerless gloves, hats, and cowls/balaclavas. Everything is knit out of a superwash wool, so they will hold up to the rigors of the water without overly fussy care and maintenance compared to other hand knits. Plus, being handmade allows for customization according to color, size, design, etc. Feel free to contact me about any gear questions!

You will find that all that left over knitting yarn will make great fly tying material. Lots of ways to use yarns in tying flies.

I really like wool mittens that fold back to fingerless gloves with a fold back thumb. I stick a hand warming pack in the mitten part and only flip back to fingerless when I need my fingers. The heater packs stay perfectly in the mitten flap wether they are open or closed. They are very hard to find with the flip back thumb. Just something to ponder.

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the site, Jessi.

I hope you're into photography ... and posting pictures of the stuff you knit and tie !!! Looking forward to seeing some of it !!