Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

gamakatsu R18-b

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 robbor

robbor

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 11:03 PM

I dont really have interest in bigger flies  but i was looking for some hooks and ran across some gamakatsu R18-b unfortunately only in size 10 for like 3.50 a pack. 

you guys think i should get some?  i was thinking i could always try them for smallmouth or a heavy hopper or something.  thanks

#2 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 05:08 AM

gamakatsu-r18b-2x-strong-barbless-nano-s

i think there are better hooks to tie smallmouth or hopper patterns. i wouldnt buy them for that purpose

try mustad 

We do it all the time! Get over it!

#3 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 12:59 PM

Where did you find them?

#4 robbor

robbor