Fly Tying

So I broke my old fly rod. An Eagle Claw Wally world special 6/7 wt. snapped setting the hook on a small bass one day. I literally immediately messaged Steve and we talked and he has built me the most beautiful rod! The reel on it doesn't do it justice but I gotta get a vehicle before I can buy a fly reel. I got it from the PO today and took it fishing right away. Little bass on the first cast. A few more bass then some cats. They fight well. I had a few looks from the resident grass carp but no takes. Maybe tomorrow. Fingers crossed as I want one so badly.

Its saying my pics are too big to upload. But I wanted to thank Steve for such an amazing rod! Tight lines everyone

If you're using a phone to upload try zooming in or cropping photo.I wanna see some pics!

That's a bummer :(

Fishboy, go to "edit", crop and rotate, and just bring the picture edges in tight to the rod. Gets pixel count down to fit the bandwidth allowed on here. Otherwise use Photobucket and you do not have to shrink pics. Would love to see the rod. HEY, have Steve pose some pics. He always takes pics of his rods. By the way, I have a very nice Pflueger Medalist in the older style that I didn't realize is only RHW and I want lefty wind. If you're interested it's very nice, has great drag, good looking and make you a good deal. Even take payments out of you paper route funds.

Fairly sure Steve posted pics of it.

Steve did put some pics on one of his threads. I'll post the link. The pics I have are the rod and the fish I caught on it so I can't crop them down any further. :/

Wow I'm jealous! That thing is sweet I've been wanting to make the jump from a 5wt to a 7 or 8wt this makes me want to expedite that proccess

Fairly sure Steve posted pics of it.

Steve did put some pics on one of his threads. I'll post the link. The pics I have are the rod and the fish I caught on it so I can't crop them down any further. :/

You can't crop them ... but can you resize the pixel count? I drop all my online photos to 800x800 or smaller.

I'm thinking you broke your old rod so as to have an excuse to get one of Steve's works of art.

I'm thinking you broke your old rod so as to have an excuse to get one of Steve's works of art.

Hahahaha noooo I thought about duct taping the old one. I'll do anything to save a buck!

Fisherboy sent me the pictures of his Carp. All I can say is ... WOW !!! That is a HUGE fish !!!

Nice catch ... good pictures !

Fisherboy carp 1.jpg

Fisherboy carp 3.jpg

Fisherboy carp 4.jpg