Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TIER

Take the Quiz!

Too many questions that AREN'T fly fishing related or require deeper knowledge. I.E. where certain records were caught and scientific names. I got 50%.

Still, nice work kid. I hope more members try it ... without Googling the answers. I suspect that's how you got the knowledge for some of those questions, yes?

Too many questions that AREN'T fly fishing related or require deeper knowledge. I.E. where certain records were caught and scientific names. I got 50%.
Still, nice work kid. I hope more members try it ... without Googling the answers. I suspect that's how you got the knowledge for some of those questions, yes?

Yeah I actually googled them. It was actually for school. I couldn't figure out and other fly fishing related stuff. The Yellowfin tuna thing was to give a little challenge.

Got 50. .........The question "What is the name of the construction of flies? " No idea what the "right" answer is supposed to be for the quiz, but I don't see how it could be anything other than what I put in and it said it was wrong lol

I put "tying" and it gave me a wrong answer. So I should have had 60 lol

I had a couple that I also thought were "challengeable", but I guess in something like this, the computer can't think, and requires exact matches.

I had a couple that I also thought were "challengeable", but I guess in something like this, the computer can't think, and requires exact matches.

It's easy enough to allow for multiple correct answers, though, or to just look for a keyword like "tying".

Also, the "correct" answer is misspelled on at least one of the questions.

Still, a laudable effort, and if you're just learning to program, it's always good to program something you're interested in.

rYHXs2.png

It is a school project, done by a teenager (or close, I can't remember which).

I guess, for any "nay sayers", program a quiz of your own that is better!

When computers were "new", I had a "Commodore 64". In order to play games on that, I had to program them in. We had to buy a magazine, with all the lines of code to create the game. Took days to get it all typed in.

THEN came floppy disc with the games already on them. Halle-frickin-lullah !!!

I hated programming ... and I'm somewhat impressed by anyone who is good at it.

I made this one a few years ago using perl. (I don't even know if it still works!) The graphics are terrible and the database is pretty small, but I have yet to find the time to make improvements. I remember it was actually an enjoyable challenge.

http://www.fishermonk.com/trivia/triv07a.pl

BTW I scored 20 on your quiz. (Greece was where the first flies were tied. Right?)

It is a school project, done by a teenager (or close, I can't remember which).

I guess, for any "nay sayers", program a quiz of your own that is better!

Oh, I give him plenty of credit. I said above that everything he said was Greek to me.

If you want a quiz from me, I'll take a picture of tonight's Final Jeopardy question, and post a picture of it. That's about as techy as I can get!