Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Classic saltwater #6- Lefty's Deceiver

All examples of this early fly, world famous, were originally done in white with a little flash or sometimes only one bar of tinsel flash down each side. The nose would be red or basic white with a tinsel body. Originated by Lefty Kreh.

post-21-1068094395.jpg

Hey striblue these classic flies are great and i'm enjoying seeing them,but for somone like myself who has yet to try saltwater i dont have a clue as to what species each fly is/was used to fool. How about a little info for those of us like myself that are as of yet "saltwater challenged unsure.gif "

great job on this forum striblue.....your flies are amazing!

SD

Steel--- I will do that ... Right now I am trying to get the basic format in...The flies you see are Striper, Blue fish, Florida Reds, and Bonefish and Permit... Some of my diescriptions do say so... BUT..remember.. the early flies were looking at the basic fish since fly rodding for Saltwater was not universal. Brooks started on Striped bass and even did co on the west coast and holds the fly rodding record. (Still I think) off San Fransico. Tarpon was also started. I will edit these to make further descriptions.