Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eide

Fishing in Miramichi, New Brunswick?

Contact Bryant Freeman, Eskape Anglers, Riverview, NB. great guy and a true gentleman, he can steer you in the right direction. WW Doak in Doaktown NB also is a good reference for the area.

Other than the Miramichi (the most renown salmon river in New-Brunswick), there is also the Restigouche approximately a 1.5 hour drive from there. Known for its big salmon, it would be a great option if one of the lodges on that river has place and you have the budget to fish it. If you are willing to drive a bit more, there are several well know salmon rivers in Quebec which are beautiful to fish. Matapedia, Petite-Cascapedia, Cascapedia, Bonaventure and more (if willing to drive more than 3 hours from Miramichi). Downside is you will need an additional licence as Quebec has its own. Upside Quebec rivers do not require a guide (unless the beat you are on includes one in the price), so you can get away fishing for a much more reasonable cost than in NB.

If you want more info on the Quebec rivers, feel free to ask. I"ll share what I know. As for NB rivers, indeed DOAKS would be a good source of info.

Cheers!

SImon

Excellent info guys! Going through and collecting as much info as I can now, so I might come back with more questions later when I get a good picture on what I'm going to do!