Fly Tying
PJ2

Monthly fly swap Revisited.

Gents:

I am sorry to say but We weren't able to field enough tyers to make this swap work . wanted 12 but would have gone with less; I would have gone with six but we only got five after a month of waiting. so with sadness, I announce the closing of this particular swap and maybe next year we can try again.

Sorry Vic I tried to keep it going.

Tight lines,

PJ2

That's too bad!

Anyone need any red and blue goose? June's flies were red white and blue.

Thanx PJ. Sad to see it end but I've been around long enough to know that all good things come to and end eventually. Lots of other swaps around that don't involve the monthly commitment like this. 'Course, there's also ample evidence even the time given in the other swaps is never enough to have everyone on board by deadline.

Fire it up again this fall and see how it goes. If it looks like I've got another year in me I'll give it whirl again for sure.

PJ, how you doing if you put together the peeps from the couple of different threads? If you decide to fire it up I'd get in with a minimum of and if it's 8 tiers or less do 2 flies per swap. If the flies any good for you you're going to lose it anyway and need a backup. I always carry 3 of any pattern. One for me, one for a buddy if it's working, and one extra to torment him with when he loses his you won'g give him the last one.

I'm new to the whole deal and I'm pretty limited on my tying skills (pattern-wise) but I wouldn't mind joining a swap if it ever pops back up.